Thursday, April 05, 2007

Billy Donovan to Remain at Florida [David Stefanini]

This from ESPN.com:

"Billy Donovan, three days removed from leading Florida to a second consecutive national championship, will remain the Gators' coach and will not interview for the opening at SEC rival Kentucky.

"After finally having an opportunity to sit down with my family, and with [Florida athletic director] Jeremy Foley, I've decided that I will remain at the University of Florida," said Donovan, who served as an assistant under Rick Pitino at Kentucky. "I have great respect for the University of Kentucky, its great history and tradition, and I had five wonderful years in Lexington. That being said, I'm very proud of what we've built here at the University of Florida and I look forward to continuing build on it.""

Comments:

This is not surprising. Donovan is as big as he can get right now at Florida, he would not leave Florida to go to another college team. I look form Donovan to leave after next season to take over the Miami Heat.

Labels: , ,