Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Glen "Big Baby" Davis Says he is NBA Ready [David Stefanini]

This from ESPN.com:

LSU center Glen "Big Baby" Davis said Tuesday that he is leaving school to enter the NBA draft.

"After my toughest year, I now feel I am physically and mentally ready for the NBA," Davis said during an announcement hosted by LSU.

The 6-foot-9, 290-pound Davis was an AP second team All-America selection during the 2005-06 season, when LSU went to the Final Four. This season, the junior averaged 17.7 points and 10.4 rebounds and missed several late-season games with a strained quadriceps.

"Last year, the team had great success. I was part of only four [LSU] teams to make it to the Final Four," Davis said. "I decided to stay and hoped to build on that this year. Unfortunately that didn't happen."

Comments:
I think this is the right move for Davis. He sees a LSU team that is not ready to take the next step forward to compete for a national title as they did last year. He knows he is going to be picked in the draft and be one of the new millionaires in a few months time. I like the way he plays and I like the way he conducts himself; I think he will be a huge success in the NBA.

Labels: , ,