Friday, July 10, 2009

Giants RB Jacobs Takes Shot at Romo [David Stefanini]

New York Giant's running back Brandon Jacobs took a shot earlier this week at Dallas Cowboy's quarterback Tony Romo.
"I don't think he's that good of a passer to be honest with you... His luck will be gone sooner or later." Jacobs said, "...I'm not a fan of Tony Romo, no."
First off let me say, well done Jacobs, you made me write an article about the NFL when no one, including myself really cares what is going on.
Now onto my reaction. AMEN! I don't understand why everyone is in love with Tony Romo. Yes, he dates all the girls most men wish they could, and he is pretty good the first couple of months of the season, but other than that he is an average quarterback. He has not made it out of the first round but yet he is mentioned as one of the premier QBs in the league. Win a playoff game, or post a winning record in December and maybe I can consider you decent.
Furthermore, this is nice to see from the New York Giants. I like a little trash talk to get inside the head of your opponents. It shows how confident the Giants are going into the upcoming season. Now if we could only drag Romo away from Jessica Simpson and get him to come back at Jacobs then we would have a real story on our hands.

Labels: , , ,