Friday, January 19, 2007

American Idol's Football Connection [Reality TV Magazine]

Sixteen year old Jordin Sparks from Glendale, Arizona is the daughter of Phillipi Sparks who played professional football for the New York Giants. Jordin said that she had been waiting to get old enough for her chance to audition for American Idol.

Jordin Sparks sang Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me.” Paula Abdul said “You’re beautiful. I loved you, love your voice.” Randy Jackson said “I was blown away, sixteen, wow.” Simon Cowell said “Sometimes, I like to put one sugar in my coffee to make it sweeter, that was the equivalent of putting eleven spoonfuls in. It was all a bit too cutesy, a bit over the top, you know that weird smile thing you were doing throughout.”

After Paula and Randy protested, Simon added “All I’m saying is it was a little bit too sugary for my taste. I like you, I was just trying to give you some constructive advice. It was a compliment.” All three judges agreed to put Jordin through to Hollywood. - Reality TV Magazine

Labels: , ,