Sunday, April 08, 2007

Commenting on Comments [Chrissy]

Once I started posting on this blog, I began to think....are people really reading this? I mean besides Mark and the other people that contribute to it, are there other people out there actually reading what I type? To see that people read and actually comment is kind of flattering - not only do they read my post but, wow, they take the time to even comment!

Also when I started posting on here I thought it would be the other people contributing to this blog that would be the ones to give me a hard time, making comments here and there in their posts. But that really hasn't happened yet, or at least if they did I missed it.

I think my favorite comment is the one that someone wrote about the Phanatic being the best mascot in baseball. That made me laugh out loud. I still don't know what the heck he is supposed to be. Some combination of a monster, Gonzo and a bird maybe.

There was another comment more recent about my last posting about people cheering on the devil on Easter Sunday. I intended this post to be something funny. Corny, but funny. I was thinking about putting a disclaimer but decided not to because I figured that people would see it as a joke, maybe give it a little chuckle and then move on. But, here you go.


***DISCLAIMER FOR LAST POST***

I, Chrissy, who post on American Legends, realize that the New Jersey Devils are not Satan.

The New Jersey Devils are not the Dark Lord either, as I referred to them in my previous post.

The New Jersey Devils are a hockey team and although I do not like them, does not mean that they are evil.

I know that Devils fans are not devil worshipers nor support the Dark Arts.

I know that the legend of the New Jersey Devil is not a biblical story. I do, in fact, know the story and about the Leeds, Pine Barrens, etc. Why do I know so much about the Devils? That's a topic for a future post.


***END DISCLAIMER***


That being said, I did make a mistake in my proofreading. I know that the Continental Airlines Arena holds about 20,000 people. I made a mistake when I said hundreds of thousands. My bad.

It is interesting to hear the perspective from a different city's fan. I look forward to seeing what people have to say about what I post, so keep them coming. There were some comments on my posting about fighting in hockey which would spark some good conversations.

I guess Philly being voted "Most Intimidating Fans" by NHL players around the league is true. And it's something that we are proud of, and don't consider it a shame.

And I'll fess up to my Devils knowledge sometime soon. Happy Easter.

Labels: