Thursday, May 24, 2007

Perez and Pettitte Look Untouchable [David Stefanini]

The New York Mets prayers have been answered; Oliver Perez is back to his old ways of winning in dominant fashion. Not only that, it seems whenever he pitches in a "big game situation" he puts forth an unbelievable performance. It is time to hop on the Perez bandwagon and ride it the rest of the season. I told Mark English, and a few of my other friends, at the beginning of this season to watch out for Oliver Perez. I had a feeling he was going to show up and be dominant; it looks like I was correct.

The New York Yankees should be counting their blessings by the way Andy Pettitte has pitched this season. At the beginning of the year, I thought they overpaid for a pitcher who had his better days long behind him; I could not have been more wrong. Pettitte has been nothing short of amazing this season, and would be the clear Cy Young winner at this point, if the bullpen didn't blow a lead every time he pitched.

With that being said, I want to put this question out there to the readers and writers of this blog:

Who would you rather have pitching for your team in a big game this season, Oliver Perez or Andy Pettitte?

Labels: , , , , , ,