Thursday, October 11, 2007

Torre's Future Remains Unclear, and so Does Mo's [David Stefanini]

Mariano Rivera has not been quite as to who he wants managing the New York Yankees next season. Joe Torre is his guy, and if the Yanks want to resign him, they may want to think twice about letting Torre ago.
Rivera has said, "I don't see why they're even thinking [about letting Torre go]. I wish he's back, definitely. If you ask me what I would want, I want him back."
When asked about how he plans on opting out of his contract, Rivera said, "I'm going to be open to hear all offers...The Yankees had the opportunity and didn't do nothing with it."
Rivera isn't happy that Joe Torre could be fired as manager of Yankees and said the team's decision will be factored into whether or not he returns.
I doubt very much that Rivera will leave the Yankees, no matter who is the manager. Torre is more than likely gone, and Rivera is probably looking for a way to get the Yanks worried so they'd throw more money is way. He has a great relationship with Torre, but he also has a great fan base here, and is a part of this Yankee's organization. I'd be shocked if he left the team.

Labels: , ,