Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Free Agency and the Draft are upon us! [Chrissy]

From what I have heard, Peter Forsberg "is taking the summer off to decide if he is returning to the NHL." Meanwhile, the Flyers have confirmed a few more spots on their roster around that trade that sent Forsberg to Nashville in the first place in exchange for a 23rd pick in the draft.

Does anyone else mind trading draft picks for players? That's been bothering me for years. Looking back you can speculate and say how this team got this player...and how that pick ended up being a trade for so and so, but the whole thing just doesn't feel right...trading hypothetical players for an actual person. I'm not saying to get rid of it, it's just weird.

In other Flyers news Joni Pitkanen, coming off a not so strong year, is in arbitration. I hope we sign him and I hope he has a better year.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see where Daniel Briere and Chris Drury go...it's going to be an exciting free agency season, I hope.

Labels: ,